Saturday, July 20, 2013

I AM THE GOD OF YOUR FATHERS ....

 

JUST HAD A THOUGHT:
At masses the past days, we had been reading about the patriarchs and YAHWEH introducing Himself (specifically to Moses) as I AM WHO AM. Interestingly, he says: I AM the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob. Hmmmm! Nothing too strange about that yet. The past days also saw narrations of how these patriarchs died. Abraham died. Isaac died. Jacob died ... Joseph died and so on. Here's the interesting part: Yahweh says ... in the PRESENT TENSE ... I AM THEIR GOD! It would have been different if Yahweh says I WAS THEIR GOD. Grammar check 'to! But He says I AM ... IN THE PRESENT TENSE. Strange ba? His relationship with those who had passed on to the next life continues ... and ... and ... THEY LIVE ... and ... and ... THEY ARE ALIVE ... IN THE PRESENT TENSE. God's presence makes those ONCE DEAD alive. And perhaps this applies as well to those who are LIVING. Good day everyone.